ith dementia, and their families, are poorly understood and inconsistently addressed.
An awareness of the psychosocial, physical and spiritual needs of the whole person is key to tackling this issue - something that this online course will give you.
You’ll develop the knowledge and understanding that will help you provide better quality support to - and enhance the wellbeing and dignity of - people with dementia towards the end of life. You’ll also learn to better communicate and co-ordinate care with their families.
What will you achieve?
- Discuss individualised care, taking into account psycho-social, physical and spiritual needs
- Reflect on how social relationships and communication may be affected in advanced dementia
- Identify symptoms associated with end of life, including recognising and managing pain in people with dementia
- Explain the need to find meaning in the life and death of the person with dementia
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Connecting with others
- Advance care planning
- Expressing self
- Wellbeing at the end of life
- Nutrition and hydration
- Symptom management
- Finding meaning
- Specialist support
- Supporting families through grief
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Nursing Health Sciences View 19 other Short Courses in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is aimed at health and social care professionals. You’ll need a basic level of dementia awareness, which you may have gained in a health or social care setting, working with people with dementia, or through caring for a relative, friend or neighbour.
- During the course, you’ll be able to discuss your experiences with other learners and learn from theirs. It may also be useful to you to have a friend or colleague with whom you can discuss and reflect on issues that might arise during the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International74 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 74 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
National74 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 74 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.