The Financial Decision - Making for Leaders Certificate from EdX is offered in partnership with Babson College ‑ BabsonX.
Literacy in business financials, regardless of your industry, is essential for growing your career in management. Whether you are working within an organization or have your own business, the decisions you make affect the health of the business. You must interpret and forecast the impact of your decisions to ensure you are making the best recommendation for the firm. Through the four pillars of financial decision-making: Accounting, Finance, Data Analysis and Economics, you can become a successful entrepreneur or intrapreneur.
This program will cover these four pillars in-depth - with each course devoted to exploring a particular topic and how it can inform the decisions you face in your career. If you’re looking to discover and practice the fundamental skills and methodology used in business today, this Professional Certificate program is for you. Some of the topics you will cover in this program include: funding, valuation, key performance metrics, financial forecasting, data analysis, and models of consumer choice and demand.
- The median annual wage for financial managers was $125,080 (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook).
- Employment of financial managers is projected to grow 19 percent, much faster than the average for all occupations (source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook).
- 80.7% of executives characterize their big data investments as “successful.” (source: Randy Bean, “How Companies Say They’re Using Big Data”, Harvard Business Review).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat You'll Learn:
- Practical skills for evaluating and forecasting project ideas and decisions from various perspectives
- An essential toolkit for analyzing and utilizing financial statements
- How to use data analysis to inform managerial decisions
- Economic principles that guide your understanding of the market and the relationship between price and quantity
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFinance Management, Organisation & Leadership Financial Mathematics View 143 other Short Courses in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International761 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 761 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
National761 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 761 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.