We offer a short course in Piano for Singers at Simpliv. Piano is a beautiful instrument and it will open up a whole new musical world to you.
If you are a singer but not an instrumentalist and want to be able to accompany yourself so you don't need to hire accompanists or you had piano lessons in the past that just didn't gel for you, this is the course for you.
I sympathise. I am a signed songwriter and performer. As a singer I have released 3 albums and undertaken tours and major festivals. At first I had to bring other musicians on board to accompany me as a singer until I learned to play piano accompaniment using chord sheets. I want to pass on this method to you. If you hate sight reading this could very much be the course for you.
What will you learn
- Be able to find gigs without having to pay half the fee to an accompanist
- Perform live with confidence
- Record yourself for Facebook live, YouTube etc and grow your fanbase
- Start to LOVE playing piano even if you hated it in the past
- Accompany your vocals using chord sheets
- Transpose music into the right key so your voice sounds at its best
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Theory You Will Need
- Playing Chords
- The Gigging Singer-Pianist
- Useful Resources
- Now the Course Is Over
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 21 other Short Courses in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You should be a singer who wants to accompany their voice
- No previous of experience of piano is necessary. We cover the basics
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.