Hard surface modeling is a field of 3D modeling suitable for projects related to industrial design, engineering or prototyping.
In the middle of the path that goes from pure polygonal modeling (mostly used in the videogame industry or archviz) and solid modeling (purely used in CAD systems for very technical levels) there is the hard surface modeling field, In this modeling style you will get advantage of both worlds: You will have the creative freedom of polygonal modeling and the finesse of solid modeling.
What will you learn
This Hard Surface Modeling in MODO course from Simpliv covers a wide range of modeling methods with the purpose of showing all the techniques available to you to get a good quality model. This means:
- Keeping a good mesh flow
- Working in all quads for a good finished mesh
- Solving typical problems
- Adding interest to the look of your project, be it materials, lightning, modeling details...
- Knowing the tools and how to use them properly
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Hard surface modeling in MODO
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 70 other Short Courses in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- First of all, the techniques and methods shown in this course are, in a high percentage, applicable to any other 3D modeling software. As a teacher, I always try to keep it simple, use the tools wisely and show the basics that every 3D modeler should know.
- For this course, I used Foundry´s MODO901, so you will need to have that software installed in your computer. It is not strictly limited to the 901 version (you will be able to replicate almost all the procedures even in previous versions) but it is highly recommended to follow it with the latest version, or you will be missing some specific tools.
- Included in the first lesson there is a download link for you to download the sample files in MODO´s native format, and also in OBJ format if you want to use another software. The images used as blueprints and a nice HDRI image for the illumination is also included.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.