Taught by a 4 person team including 2 Stanford-educated, ex-Googlers and 2 ex-Flipkart Lead Analysts. This team has decades of practical experience in working with large-scale data.
Hive is like a new friend with an old face (SQL). This From 0 to 1 - Hive for Processing Big Data course from Simpliv is an end-to-end, practical guide to using Hive for Big Data processing.
What will you learn
- Write complex analytical queries on data in Hive and uncover insights
- Leverage ideas of partitioning, bucketing to optimize queries in Hive
- Customize hive with user defined functions in Java and Python
- Understand what goes on under the hood of Hive with HDFS and MapReduce
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You, us & This Course
- Introducing Hive
- Hadoop and Hive Install
- Hadoop and HDFS Overview
- Hive Basics
- Built-in Functions
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 649 other Short Courses in Computer Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Hive requires knowledge of SQL. If you don't know SQL, please head to the SQL primer at the end of the course first
- You'll need to know Java if you are interested in the sections on custom user defined functions
- No other prerequisites: The course covers everything you need to install Hive and run queries!
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.