- Based on new applications of information technology, virtual currencies attempt to remove money and banking from the control of sovereign governments, and they represent one of the most disruptive innovations ever in consumer finance.
- The underlying distributed ledger technology has many other potential applications in diverse areas such as property registration, auditing, regulation, tax, law and financial derivatives.
- If you feel the need to stay up-to-date on the essentials of Blockchain and FinTech, this FinTech and Blockchain Masterclass from University of Amsterdam will give you a clear understanding of both. The master class will be given by one of the world's foremost professors in this field of study.
Programme StructureDuring this 4-half day programme you will:
- Acquire an overview of the history, growth, strengths, and weaknesses of digital currencies, blockchains, and distributed ledger technology;
- Learn about potential applications of distributed ledger technology to new products and services;
- Understand the regulatory challenges posed by new payment systems, and the responses of governments in the U.S., Europe, and around the world;
- Utilise existing financial benchmarks to evaluate the success of Bitcoin and other digital currencies as forms of money and as investments;
- Explore blockchain technology and its potential to provide faster, cheaper, and more secure financial transactions.
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesWeb Technologies & Cloud Computing View 6 other Short Courses in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This masterclass is specifically designed for:
- Entrepreneurs or emerging growth companies for example in the digital currency and mobile payments fields;
- Online retailers who are considering the use of these technologies in their business;
- Investment managers developing products related to digital currencies and other cryptographic assets;
- IT-managers or IT-consultants seeking to understand the business applications of digital currency technologies;
- Managers in financial organisations who need to understand the challenges and potential that blockchains and distributed ledgers provide
International1950 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1950 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
EU/EEA1950 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1950 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.