Auditors need to develop and improve their ability to analyse changes, to address the related risks and challenges and to continuously adapt their audit methods and approaches.
To do so, it is essential for audit institutions to develop a mutually beneficial relationship with academic researchers. In other terms, audit profession and research must advance hand in hand.
To reach this goal the University of Pisa and the European Court of Auditors (ECA), the EU’s independent external auditor, have set up and jointly organised the Summer School in Public Auditing and Accountability at University of Pisa.
The program will be entirely held online, via Microsoft Teams.
Aim of the course
In line with the ECA’s strategy, the School will open a structured dialogue with the academic world, provide additional opportunities for high quality training, facilitate knowledge exchange between practitioners and researchers and – last but not least – can provide a platform for study, discussion and information exchange on auditrelated issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The courses are aimed specifically at the following target groups:
- auditors of all kinds (junior or senior, from the private or public sector, financial or performance auditors);
- students (postgraduate, doctoral and post-doc) from a range of disciplines, including law, political science, economics, sociology, public administration, EU studies, public finances, accounting and audit;
- researchers and lecturers in the same disciplines;
- civil servants from EU institutions and bodies, from international organizations, and from national and subnational institutions and administrations.
The School is open to a wide range of participants: auditors, civil servants, students and scholars, researchers and professionals interested in auditing practice and financial accountability.
- Vanessa Manzetti
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Accounting Auditing
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The summer school is open to auditors, civil servants, researchers, professionals, doctoral and post doctoral students, postgraduate students in management, law, political science and related fields (work or research experience in auditing is a preferential condition)
- Identity Document (Passport in case you are a foreign student)
- Enrolment Form
- Curriculum Vitae
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 EUR for the full programme during 4 days.
EU/EEA500 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 500 EUR for the full programme during 4 days.
(250 euro per participant, for registrations by institutions that indicate more than 10 names for participation)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.