We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School online this year! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
The course will introduce you to the leading theories, concepts, proposed solutions and current governance efforts in the energy transition.
At the end of The Global Energy Transition in a Fossil World course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you will:
- understand the main concepts and theories in energy transition and be able to put them into the wider context of global sustainable development;
- know what has been achieved on the road to energy transition so far;
- have gained an overview of the greatest challenges and proposed solutions for the future of the energy transition;
- have a clear insight into your own preferred solutions for the energy transition and the main pros and cons of these solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- This course will give you a broad overview of global energy transition needs, the key societal dilemmas and possible solutions. It will challenge you to discover your own preferred solutions – as well as their main pros and cons.
- Global carbon emissions have decreased by nowhere near the margins needed to meet the targets set in the Paris Climate Agreement. In this arena of opposing energy interests vying for prominence, there are still many unresolved questions and dilemmas regarding the future of the energy transition.
Bachelor’s students, Master’s students and energy professionals with an interest in energy transition and sustainability, societal transformation and governance. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please let us know.
- 10 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Dates session 1: 5 July – 16 July
- Dates session 2: 19 July – 30 July
- The applications for the Summer School have just closed, but the VU Graduate Winter School will open soon!
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Molecular Sciences Sustainable Energy View 18 other Short Courses in Sustainable Energy in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
International700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
EU/EEA700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.