Trained traditional healers will share their knowledge of the healing properties of plants commonly found in the Southwestern United States and Mexico through practical applications that can still be used today.
Learners will not become certified traditional healers at the completion of this Curanderismo - Traditional Healing Using Plants offered by Coursera in partnership with University of New Mexico but will be able apply basic principles or traditional medicine to approach health and illnesses. They will become familiar specifically with the use of plants for the digestive and nervous systems; how to prepare tinctures and microdosis for healing; how to use juice therapy and geotherapy (clay combined with plants) for treatments; and the use of herbal oils and herbal smoke for healing.
What You Will Learn
- Students will be able to provide Information on the history, traditions, rituals, herbs, and remedies of Curanderismo.
- Students will be able to explain how to use plants in water-based microdosis, alcohol-based tinctures, juice therapy, oils, and smoke.
- Students will be able to analyze curative remedies of plants of the Southwest for medicinal purposes.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Curanderismo: The Art of Traditional Medicine, Interviews with Traditional Healers
- Plants of the Southwest, Medicinal Plants for the Digestive System
- Medicinal Plants for the Nervous System, Tinctures and Microdosis
- Juice Therapy | Jugoterapia, Geotherapy
- Healing with Herbal Oils, Herbal Smoke for Healing
Details on Coursera Plus:
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHistory Public Health Liberal Arts View 12 other Short Courses in History in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Beginner Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.