If you want to help your patients or clients manage conditions or symptoms such as pain and anxiety, this specialization will provide the knowledge and skills needed. In these five courses, you will explore integrative therapies, including herbal medicine, guided imagery, aromatherapy, and mindfulness. For each therapy studied, you will gain skills to: Assess if a therapy is appropriate, Educate patients or clients about benefit and risk, Administer or advise on use, and Evaluate if the therapy was useful (our AEAE approach).
By the end of this Integrative Health and Medicine Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Minnesota, you will be familiar with application methods, mechanisms of action, and the research evidence for specific therapies, as well as safety and quality considerations. In short, you will be ready to partner with patients on developing a plan of integrative care that fits their needs and preferences. Note that while the primary focus is on working with patients or clients, the information is also immediately applicable to your own health and wellbeing.
What You Will Learn
- Assess the current and potential role for integrative therapies in health and healthcare, including your own workplace.
- Discuss the evidence base for use of integrative therapies, including the historical, clinical, and research data.
- Assess if a therapy is appropriate, Educate patients about benefit and risk, Administer or advise on use, and Evaluate if the therapy was useful.
- Partner with patients to incorporate integrative therapies for specific symptom management or enhanced health and wellbeing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices
- Guided Imagery
- Herbal Medicine
- Aromatherapy: Clinical Use of Essential Oils
- Mindfulness in Integrative Healthcare
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 7 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 113 other Short Courses in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- While this specialization is targeted at health providers, anyone can benefit from taking these courses for their own personal use.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 7 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 7 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.