You will experience a variety of imagery interventions and evaluate how they might be helpful in providing relief or enhancing quality of life. By the end of the course, you will know how to assess if guided imagery is appropriate in specific situations or with specific patients. You will be able to find and evaluate guided imagery scripts and recordings you might use. Most importantly, you will learn how to write and record effective guided imagery scripts of your own for specific needs at work or in your personal life.
Continuing Education Credit
This Guided Imagery course offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Minnesota has been designed to meet Minnesota Board of Nursing continuing education requirements for 14.5 contact hours and may be eligible for CE credit from other professional boards that allow self-documenting of continuing education activities. It is your responsibility to check with your regulatory board to confirm this course meets your local requirements and, if necessary, to provide them with the certificate of completion you get if you pay for and fulfill all the requirements of this course.
This course is part of multiple programsThis course can be applied to multiple Specializations or Professional Certificates programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs:
- Integrative Health and Medicine Specialization
- Integrative Nursing Specialization
What You Will Learn
- Evaluate the role of guided imagery in health and healthcare and how you may use it professionally and personally.
- Assess if guided imagery is appropriate for a client or patient.
- Identify and evaluate resources, including apps and commercial products that might be helpful in specific situations or for specific conditions.
- Create your own imagery intervention for a specific patient or group of patients
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What Is Guided Imagery and Its Role in Health and Healthcare?
- How Does Guided Imagery Work?
- Using Guided Imagery Apps or Products
- Creating Your Own Imagery Intervention
- Delivering Effective Imagery Interventions
- Evaluating Your Intervention and Other Ways to Use Imagery
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducational Research Health Sciences View 8 other Short Courses in Educational Research in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- No required background or experience--anyone can do this course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.