Treatment of wastewater is often practiced to remove organic matter and nutrients from wastewater using biological treatment systems, typically activated sludge systems. This course will equip the participants with the ability to familiarize with the basic wastewater parameters. It will also cover the operation and maintenance as well as trouble shooting of activated sludge treatment systems.
Upon completion of the Basic Wastewater Parameters - Analysis and Interpretation for Biological Wastewater Treatment programme of University Teknologi PETRONAS, participants will be able to:
- Explain the basic parameters in biological wastewater treatment process.
- Explain the working mechanism of various activated sludge treatment systems.
- Understand the operation and maintenance of activated sludge treatment systems.
- Troubleshoot activated sludge treatment problems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Wastewater Treatment Units and Processes
- Operating Parameters of Activated Sludge Treatment Systems
- Operation and troubleshooting of Activated Sludge System
- Theory of Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)
- Theory of Total Suspended Solids, Ammonia, Nitrates, Phosphorus
- Laboratory hands-on for basic wastewater parameters, result interpretation and discussion
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Who should attend?
- Treatment Plant Operators Technicians
- Laboratory Technologists
- Research Officers
- Research Assistants and whomever involved in activated sludge treatment systems.
- Postgraduate and Undergraduate research students in the areas of activated sludge treatment systems.
International242 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 EUR for the full programme during 2 days.
National242 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 242 EUR for the full programme during 2 days.
- 980 RM per full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.