Engineering solutions do not exist in a vacuum but within the context of business opportunities. Engineering solutions must be physically realizable and economically affordable. Hence, engineers must be concerned with the economic consequences of his/her engineering decisions. This course provides the framework for evaluating the economic aspects of the capital engineering projects.
The Evaluating Economic Feasibility of Engineering Projects course of Universiti Teknology PETRONAS will be highly interactive, with opportunities to advance opinions and ideas through workshop. Learning is encouraged in a supportive environment. To ensure the concepts introduced during the program are understood, the course will be reinforced with a mix of learning methods, including lecture style presentation, open discussion, case studies, group work, and sharing of research findings.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Possess a good understanding of engineering economy principles
- Acquire the skill to model project investment alternatives, techniques of economic analysis, and selection of capital engineering projects
- Be able to assess the impact of depreciation and taxation on project, project risk and uncertainty, and project economic optimization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics Feasibility Analysis and its principles
- Cost Concepts and Economic Environment – cost terminology, economic environment
- Money-Time Relationships and Equivalence – equivalence, cash flow, PV, FV and uniform series
- Workshop 1: case studies and discussion
- Economic Analysis of Alternatives – decision making among alternatives
- 2 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics General Engineering & Technology View 5 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Who should attend?
Suitable for all sectors of industries
- Senior Executives
Academics, postgraduate and undergraduate students.
International455 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 455 USD for the full programme during 2 days.
National455 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 455 USD for the full programme during 2 days.
- 1,840 MYR per full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.