Through IoT, data can be generated from nearly all physical devices in the production process, including the products themselves, and it can be made available worldwide via the Internet. The gathered data is stored and can be evaluated across production plants and provides the basis for active and reactive interaction between the physical and digital worlds. Use cases are, for example, error detection or process optimization.
A current challenge in this context is managing the collected data (Big Data to Smart Data), e.g., utilizing model-based approaches, statistical methods, and artificial intelligence methods. Furthermore, Industry 4.0 approaches do not only change the technical infrastructures within the company and across company boundaries but also transform the tasks of the human in the process. The increased autonomy of production plants also leads to increased complexity in production plants. While networking and the thereby enabled aggregation of data across company boundaries lead to a new way of information retrieval, this information must also be presented appropriately for the operating staff.
The exploration of specific and tangible use cases could indicate how companies can combine their products, manufacturing processes, and product development and obtain more customer-oriented products and services.
Participants in the IoT Platforms for Industry 4.0 program from EIT Digital Master School gain hands-on experience in prototyping with IoT technology and will be able to evaluate the economic benefits of IoT applications and their opportunities for new business models. In the summer school, the participants will learn how to apply state of the art techniques to create innovative solutions and pitch their ideas. Furthermore, they will be able to develop and evaluate business models, perform an ecosystem analysis, and calculate a business case for real cases of our industry partners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well.
- You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone. An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Human Computer Interaction Artificial Intelligence View 3 other Short Courses in Human Computer Interaction in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.