With the advances of ICT, billions of “things” will learn and collaborate through a reliable, efficient and secure network, using distributed storage and computing resources. This will allow increased automation of manufacturing, agriculture, and infrastructure management, as well as smart services in healthcare, elderly care, transportation, and retail.
The vision for Internet of Things and Business Transformation program from EIT Digital Master School requires the combination of new technical solutions in three large technology areas: (1) Embedded systems for energy-efficient sensing and actuation. (2) Communication and networked systems for connecting the huge number of devices. (3) Computing, data analytics, and visualization for IoT based applications. IoT challenges the business ecosystems of the traditional telecommunication sector and provides new opportunities for traditional as well as emerging industries.
Building on the development of practical IoT business cases, the school will help the students to recognize values and opportunities that emanate from the enabling properties of these emerging technologies, inspire them to consider technology and business together and to be curious about future IoT applications and solutions.
The participants will get acquainted with the technology and market trends of the various IoT application domains, form balanced teams, and come up with initial business ideas, and get acquainted with the principles of value-sensitive design. Furthermore, they will learn about and practice business modelling and how to design and run experiments to rapidly test, in a data-driven manner, their most risky assumptions.
The school will be the case and project-oriented, where students will be supported by interactive lectures, inspirational talks from small and large IoT enterprises, as well as by continuous coaching by technical and I&E experts.
The summer school will take place near Stockholm, at the Bosön Conference site, providing accommodation, teaching and recreational facilities. During the weekend trip, we will explore the Stockholm area.
Each programme has a focus on business innovation and entrepreneurship, there is no need to have specific technical backgrounds or any coding knowledge to join our Summer School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Commerce Computer Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.