This Social Pedagogy across Europe offered by Coursera in partnership with Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is the first Massive Open Online Course focused on social pedagogy – a relationship-centred approach to supporting people’s learning, well-being and social inclusion in ways that promote social justice.
Through this course, we aim to:
- Give you an insight into how social pedagogy has been developing across Europe, highlighting both the diversity and connections,
- Highlight the importance of valuing every person as intrinsically ‘rich’, recognising their unique potential and ability to be a valuable member of society,
- Introduce you to ways in which you can bring this belief to life in everyday interactions and relationships that support people’s learning, nurture their well-being and enable them to feel included in society,
- Ensure you are familiar with the most fundamental aspects of social pedagogical practice in ways that are applicable in your own personal and professional life.
If you are currently working with children, young people, families, community groups, vulnerable adults or older people, then this course will be highly relevant.
You will gain a panoramic overview of social pedagogy, which explores the principles and key thematic areas in ways that are practice-relevant and can be easily applied in any educational and care setting.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course Overview and welcome
- Introduction to Social Pedagogy across Europe and Participatory Practice
- Social Pedagogy in Germany - Resource-Orientated Practice
- Social Pedagogy in the UK – Creativity
- Social Pedagogy in Denmark – Purposeful Shared Activities
- Social Pedagogy in the Czech Republic – Prevention
- Social Pedagogy in Spain - Community Education
- Social Pedagogy in Belgium – Social Justice
- Social Pedagogy in a Wider Context
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation View 58 other Short Courses in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Intermediate Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.