Learn the skills necessary for being part of a hotel development team
Hotel companies, owners and lenders are looking for people that can assemble market data, run software models and determine whether a market will support a hotel.
On this How to Perform a Hotel Market Analysis and Valuation from Glion Institute of Higher Education from GLION by FutureLearn you will develop the tools and knowledge to help you become one of these people, learning how to create a comprehensive hotel market study. You will learn about estimating the value of different types of hotels using hotel valuation software and understand the basics of doing financial projections.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to...
- Perform hotel market studies
- Produce financial forecasts
- Evaluate income approach valuations
- Develop a supportable estimate of operating performance and value by utilizing Hotel Valuation Software
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Applying the method and various procedures for gathering, analyzing and processing data into a comprehensive market study.
- Estimate the value of all types of hotels using Hotel Valuation Software, to do a Financial projection and Hotel valuation.
- 14 days
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Intelligence & Analytics Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 6 other Short Courses in Hospitality Management in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for managers and professionals with financial or operational responsibility of hotel real estate, investments, financing, or asset management including asset managers and portfolio managers.
- It will also be useful for hotel owners, investors and operators, general managers bankers, or anyone interested in understanding hotel development or financial plans.
Access to Microsoft Excel would be useful.
International424 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 424 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
National424 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 424 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.