Did you know the tourism industry is one of the largest industries worldwide? It faces many challenges, especially in taking on responsibilities to become more sustainable.
The societal importance of tourism has grown significantly in recent decades. According to the World Travel and Tourism Council, tourism represents over 9% of global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and accounts for nearly 8% of global employment.
But tourism is more than just a powerful economic force. It is also closely linked to major global changes in culture, politics, technology and the environment. It affects the quality of life and well-being of individuals and regions and plays an important role in community, regional and urban development. Bringing sustainable tourism into practice benefits the whole community.
Join this Sustainable Tourism program at Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX and learn about the developments in tourism and the interrelationships between tourism, the economy, society and the environment. You will learn about the different types of sustainable tourism practices, like ecotourism.
- It’s one of the largest industries of the world!
- There are just over 12 million people employed in the European Union in economic activities related to tourism and the demand is increasing.
- While Travel & Tourism is one of the largest economic sectors, there is always need in skilled gamechangers.
- The United Nations has designated 2017 as the International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development. It marked the beginning of a visible awareness of making the industry greener.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Tourism: Society & Environmental Aspects
- Sustainable Tourism: Rethinking the future
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Tourism & Leisure View 3 other Short Courses in Tourism & Leisure in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International358 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
National358 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 358 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.