In this Professional Certificate program, taught by prof. Sander Kersten, a leading global expert in the field of nutrition, you will learn how to analyze and interpret the information overload about nutrition and health to help build a healthier lifestyle for you and/or your patients.
You will learn about the composition of macro- and micronutrients, their role in the body, and their impact on our health. You will get a sound understanding of energy homeostasis and the regulation of bodyweight. Also, you will learn about health problems related to overnutrition and undernutrition. You will learn strategies to improve nutritional status, and combat overnutrition and undernutrition based on scientific knowledge.
The program covers everything from fat, protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and water. You will acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to become more critical towards the food and health related messages we’re constantly bombarded with.
This Food, Nutrition and Health program at Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX will also help you develop a critical mindset. You will learn how to distinguish misinformation about food as you discover what is complete nonsense, what has a scientific basis and where the truth is somewhere in between.
- In recent years, interest in the role of food and nutrition in promoting health and wellness has increased, particularly as a part of preventative healthcare in medical settings, (Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics).
- Employment of dietitians and nutritionists is projected to grow 14 percent from 2016 to 2026. (Source: Bureau of Labor and Statistics).
- The median annual wage for dietitians and nutritionists was $58,920 in May 2016.
- This program offers specialized training about food and proper nutrition, opening advanced career opportunities for dieticians, nutritionist, registered nurses, and a range of jobs in the food industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nutrition and Health: Macronutrients and Overnutrition
- Nutrition and Health: Micronutrients and Malnutrition
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Food Sciences View 5 other Short Courses in Nutrition & Dietetics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 4 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.