This AI and Machine Learning for Business short course from the University of Southampton is led by data science experts who will give you real examples about how AI can be used in a work environment.
The aim of your tutors is to make complex data science ideas accessible. During this course, you can discuss with them real-life examples encountered at your job.
Advantages of studying this course
- Assistance throughout the course
- Hands-on learning useful for your day-to-day job
Evaluation methods and feedback
In this course, four assignments are needed. For each assignment, your tutor will give a mark and comments. At the end of the course, you will be awarded with a downloadable certificate.
After successfully completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the capabilities of AI technology but also its limitations
- learn about the benefits that AI can bring to a business
- Identify the components needed to deliver efficient AI systems
- Understand the ethical, moral and legal implication of AI usage in different areas of our society
- Identify various functions of data needed for effective AI solutions
- Learn about software that can be used to draw meaning from natural language images and numerical data enabling deeper insights
- What AI is and its main classes of applications and capabilities
- The differences between different types of AI technologies
- Core technologies associated with AI
- The relationship between AI and other technology trends such as big data, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- The role of data in AI
- The challenges in applying AI within organisations
- The limitations of AI
Business practitioners, analysts, consultants, managers, executives, etc.
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Artificial Intelligence Machine Learning View 134 other Short Courses in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Basic understanding of technology. Previous coding experience is not essential.
International1500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
EU/EEA1500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.