We’ll start with unraveling health behavior, and quite quickly put this knowledge in the perspective of health care and dealing with illness. We’ll look at what is needed for people to cope with a disease and to keep up their quality of life as good as possible.
How people can be optimally supported in their healthcare process, creating a collaboration between care providers and patients. Lastly we will see how all these pieces of a puzzle can be used in creating actual interventions in healthcare and what is essential to disseminate them in healthcare practice.
By following this Population Health - Health and Health Behaviour offered by Coursera in partnership with Universiteit Leiden you'll get a better understanding of why we behave as we do and how this knowledge can be optimally used to improve health care!
What you will learn
- You'll understand determinants of health behavior and via which mechanisms determinants can be influenced in order to reach behavior change.
- You'll gain knowledge on factors that influence health behavior in the context of (chronic) illness.
- You'll know what person-centred care involves and how to empower patients in the health care process.
- You'll learn how the above theory and methods can be used to create health interventions and how to optimally dissiminate them in clinical practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Understanding health behaviour
- Understanding health behaviour in the context of illness
- Empowering patients
- From theory to intervention
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences View 122 other Short Courses in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- What is mainly important is that you have an interest for human behaviour, combined with an interest in the field of health care.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.