The Professionalism in an era of change offered by Coursera in partnership with Utrecht University highlights core themes, discusses main insights and theories, raises questions and presents cases, and links insights to practical challenges in various professional domains.
It provides a state of the art assessment of professionalism in transition, by looking back and looking forward. It supports target audiences in dealing with professional services and professionals.
The programme has an interdisciplinary approach and will focus on different levels:
At macro level the course presents a historical and sociological view on past and future changes in professions, focused on:
- how do professional fields develop?
- how is professionalism promoted and encouraged among professionals?
- how do professional fields control and empower their members?
At meso level the course presents an organisational view on changes within professional partnerships and institutions, focused on the following questions:
- how do norms and routines affect professionals and professional work?
- how do professionals organise and lead professional work?
At micro level a psychological perspective on changing work and a changing work environment of professionals is presented. This part focuses on the following questions:
- how do professionals deal with work pressure and remain motivated?
- which competencies do professionals require to be able and capable to deliver?
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professions in transition
- Control and empowerment of professionals
- Quality control and competence
- Organisation and leadership of professional work
- Professional motivation and well-being
- Lifelong learning
Details on Coursera Plus:
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences International Development Organisational Behaviour View 14 other Short Courses in Organisational Behaviour in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Intermediate Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.