Leading people and teams is a core function of a manager’s role and research shows that effective people management and developing high performing health teams directly affects patient/service user experiences and outcomes. Healthcare services are delivered to people through people. This programme aims to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and competencies to manage people in healthcare especially those working in and across a complex array of service delivery teams.
Participants will have the opportunity to apply existing and explore new theoretical frameworks; understand regulatory requirements and engage with subject matter experts.
They will consolidate their learning using simulation and directly applying their analytical skills to the work environment via practice-based module assignments.
The Human Resource and Performance Management in Healthcare programme at RCSI Institute of Leadership aims to:
- Develop participants’ capacity to understand how leading and managing people and teams contributes to the overall functioning of the healthcare system, organisations, organisational performance and patient/service user outcomes.
- Develop an understanding of the range of relevant people and team management frameworks and knowledge leading to enhanced and sustained performance.
- Apply skills of leading people and teams particularly in relation to the management of individuals, professional, multi-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary teams.
- Develop competence in understanding and responding to the healthcare environment, in particular health economics; regulation and employment law; resourcing and talent management; strategic human resources management and the principles of organisational and clinical governance in leading effective innovative services.
- Demonstrate the ability to challenge assumptions and to understand the changing environment, question processes, policies and procedures in people management at an individual, team, organisational and systems levels – nationally and internationally.
- Develop participant’s people management and leadership skills, insight, confidence and awareness necessary to identify and implement evidence-based contemporary people management practices.
- Develop a strategic and action-orientated mindset that enables participants to critically assess and reflect on the evolving environment with the capacity to implement learning in practice.
- Develop participants knowledge and skills of reflection and to understand how this contributes to effective people and team management and well being of patients and services in complex adaptive systems.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Developing and Demonstrating People Management in Healthcare
- Leading People and Managing Resources in the Clinical Context
- Leading Change and Quality Improvement in Health Services
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are received up to 11 months before the next intake. You are advised to apply early.
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management Health Management Health Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Eligible participants will include the unemployed, returners, those in employment and formerly self-employed.
- All applicants should hold a primary degree and be working in the healthcare sector. As there is an emphasis on clinical leadership, ideally applicants should be working in a clinical setting.
- For applicants who don’t hold a primary degree, there is a recognition of prior learning (RPL) pathway outlined below.
International11500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 EUR per year during 9 months.
EU/EEA5750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5750 EUR per year during 9 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.