The Space Technologies program at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) aims to provide advanced techniques of space engineering and understanding the core physics principles related to space exploration.
Space industry problems are also considered during the program in addition to technology topics. The theoretical courses cover astrophysics, space technology and physics.
Students will train their practical skills during a hackathon (a creative coding marathon) and an interactive business simulation workshop. The speakers are industry experts and scientists experienced in the field of space technology.
Programme StructureThe cultural program includes:
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
- Andey Bykov, corresponding member of RAS;
- Aleksander Blinov, professor of Space Investigation department, SPbPU;
- Oleg Tsybin, professor of IPNT, SPbPU;
- Constantin Korikov, associate professor of IPNT, SPbPU;
- Denis Malygin, head of Astronomicon;
- Vladimir Mostepanenko, Pulkovo Observatory.
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: December 01
- for non-EU nationals: November 01
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Astronomy & Space Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Basic knowledge of physics
- Fluent English. All classes and extracurricular activities are carried out in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies
International270 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
National270 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invitation)
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.