Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are important engines of growth, jobs and social cohesion. However, the creation, survival and growth of SMEs is often hampered by access to finance. Thus, access to SME finance has become a key priority in developing and transition countries. Since the early nineties, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is combining advisory work, training, and policy advice with applied research. The goal of the Certified Expert in SME Finance course at Frankfurt School of Finance and Management is to support financial institutions in developing and transition countries establish good practices in Micro and SME finance.
What Do We Offer?
- Seven units including video lectures, a PDF script laying the theoretical foundation, examples, practical exercises, online tests and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course related issues as well as for exchange of opinions and experiences with peers, tutors and the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your e-Campus.
- The option to obtain a Frankfurt School Certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- SME Credit Analysis - Collecting and Understanding Information
SME Credit Analysis - Verifying Information
- SME Credit Analysis - Financial Analysis
- SME Credit Analysis - Cash Flow Analysis
- Loan Portfolio Management and Monitoring
- Supporting Activities and Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance International Development View 4 other Short Courses in Economics in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Mid-management of financial institutions working with SME Finance
- Operational staff within financial institutions working with SME Finance
- Top management of financial institutions wanting to enter SME Finance
- Staff of regulators, policy makers, donors and other SME Finance related institutions
- Staff of SME associations
- Consultants, students and other individuals interested in SME Finance
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1550 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1550 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA1550 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1550 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.