Project teams usually spend a large portion of their time solving problems instead of preventing them.
Project risk management seeks to preemptively manage positive and negative events that may affect a project so as to improve its chance of success.
This course is part of the Results-Based Project Management Professional Certificate
What will you be able to do by the end of the course?
- Identify risks in scenarios of uncertainty
- Determine who can help you
- Understand how to manage risks in settings with limited resources
- Develop risk response strategies
- Monitor and update risks throughout the life of the project
Who is this course for?
- Project managers or supervisors
- Project team members
- Funders and financiers
- Public officials from national, subnational, and municipal entities
- Professionals from different fields who help develop and execute projects
- Professionals Interested in risk management in development projects
By taking this Risk Management in Development Projects course from edX in collaboration with IDBx you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with other participants. There will be a case study through which you will be able to apply best risk-management practices to a project and you will also carry out practical exercises that will help you understand key concepts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat you'll learn
- Identify the main stages involved in preparing a risk management plan for development projects following the IDB’s methodology, which is based on PMI’s international standards, to successfully achieve expected results and impacts.
- Recognize the process of identifying risks that may affect the project and documenting their characteristics to facilitate risk analysis and subsequent management.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk analysis process and evaluating and combining risks’ probability of occurrence and impact to prioritize them.
- Recognize risk management strategies that allow for managing opportunities and threats that could impact the project’s objectives.
- Recognize the main elements of the risk monitoring process and continuously optimizing responses to improve efficiency when managing the project life cycle.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management International Development Risk Management View 61 other Short Courses in Project Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We recommend that participants be PMPs or CAPMs, or have prior project management training.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $25 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.