Classes will deal with listening, discussion, reading and writing. Emphasis will be placed on note-taking, appropriate academic style and presentation practice. Grammar needs will be dealt with within the framework of the material being used. On the final day of the course, students will be required to give a group presentation.
Students in the English language course from London School of Economics and Political Science are divided into groups according to the subject they intend to study during the following weeks. When there are very few students opting for a particular course, they will be placed in a group whose subject most closely corresponds to theirs.
Please note that teachers aim to work as far as possible with material which is similar to or connected with that of the course subjects, but we must stress that we are primarily teachers of English.
- Students will be exposed to lectures during this intensive week that address current issues in the social sciences, giving the opportunity to practise listening and note-taking skills.
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We work on a first-come, first-served basis, which means that we have no fixed deadlines and you can apply for any course up until the point it is filled.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 77 other Short Courses in Languages in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to apply for the Summer School, you must provide the following:
- Proof of an offer of a place at university or a transcript showing you are currently attending/have previously attended university; or
- A university transcript showing you meet course specific prerequisites
- You are also required to provide evidence of meeting our language requirements (if you are a non-native English speaker).
- We look for applicants to show grades of around B+ (GPA 3.3).
International2500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 GBP for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA2500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2500 GBP for the full programme during 21 days.
- One Session: £2,500 (student), £3,400 (standard)
- Two Sessions: £4,200( student), £6,000 (standard)
- Three Sessions: £4,980 (student), £7,500 (standard)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.