Master the calculus of derivatives, integrals, coordinate systems, and infinite series.
In this Single Variable Calculus programme from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MITx, you will learn the mathematical notation, physical meaning, and geometric interpretation of a variety of calculus concepts.
Along with the fundamental computational skills required to solve these problems, you will also gain insight into real-world applications of these mathematical ideas.
What you will learn
- Various ways to interpret the derivative and integral of a function and how to compute these quantities
- How to use linear and quadratic approximations of functions to simplify computations and gain insight into the system behavior
- Applications of the derivative and integral such as in optimizing the cost of production or computing the stress on a construction beam
- The calculus of parameterized curves and polar coordinates
- How to approximate complicated functions by a series of simpler functions
- This is a series of 3 courses.
Courses in this program
- Calculus I A: Differentiation
- Calculus I B: Integration
- Calculus I C: Coordinate Systems & Infinite Series
- 10 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 18 other Short Courses in Applied Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International225 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 225 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
National225 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 225 USD for the full programme during 10 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.