This Semiconductor Devices Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Colorado Boulder is designed to be a deep dive into the fundamentals of the electronic devices that form the backbone of our current integrated circuits technology.
Take an online course from a full Master’s degree for less than $100
You will gain valuable experience in semiconductor physics, pn junctions, metal-semiconductor contacts, bipolar junction transistors, metal-oxide-semiconductor (MOS) devices, and MOS field effect transistors.
Specialization Learning Outcomes:
- Learn fundamental mechanisms of electrical conduction in semiconductors
- Understand operating principles of basic electronic devices including pn junction, metal-semiconductor contact, bipolar junction transistors and field effect transistors
- Analyze and evaluate the performance of basic electronic devices
- Prepare for further analysis of electronic and photonic devices based on semiconductors
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Semiconductor Physics
- Diode - pn Junction and Metal Semiconductor Contact
- Transistor - Field Effect Transistor and Bipolar Junction Transistor
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 72 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Some undergraduate-level math and physics, along with some basics of electrical engineering
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.