Embedding Sensors and Motors Specialization offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Colorado Boulder will introduce you to the design of sensors and motors, and to methods that integrate them into embedded systems used in consumer and industrial products.
You will gain hands-on experience with the technologies by building systems that take sensor or motor inputs, and then filter and evaluate the resulting data. You will learn about hardware components and firmware algorithms needed to configure and run sensors and motors in embedded solutions.
What you will learn
- Study a lab experiment or production process and understand how to specify the proper sensor solution for taking real-time process data
- Implement the sensor into an embedded system in both hardware and software
- Modify existing hardware schematic to add sensors and all support circuitry needed to implement the signal chain in existing microprocessor system
- Create hardware and firmware to process the sensor signal and feed data to a microprocessor for further evaluation
Get more detailsVisit programme website
- Sensors and Sensor Circuit Design
- Motors and Motor Control Circuits
- Pressure, Force, Motion, and Humidity Sensors
- Sensor Manufacturing and Process Control
Check out the full curriculumVisit programme website
- 5 months
- 7 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 67 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Recommended: 4-year degree in electrical/mechanical engineering; analog and digital circuit design and circuit analysis; digital oscilloscope
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 5 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.