The Conflict and International Development course from SOAS University of London provides students with an understanding of the causes and effects of violence, and of the interaction between different types of violence and the forms of security and insecurity that they promote. The Conflict and International Development course from SOAS University of London offers a thorough analytical understanding of the processes of violent conflict and a critical perspective on the policy implications for intervention.
What will I learn?
At the end of a course, you will be able to demonstrate:
- How wars and conflicts affect development processes and vice versa
- An ability to describe and critique major theories of conflict causes and consequences
- An understanding of national, human and international security priorities and how they are pursued.
- For more information please visit the official website.
- 12 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- 15 SOAS credits
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Political Science View 19 other Short Courses in International Development in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must be a university student or a graduate at the time of attendance. Professional experience can be acknowledged as equivalent to a university qualification. Participants must be 18 or over at the time of attendance.
International1600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
National1600 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1600 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.