A Summer Study Abroad - Design Management course from University of the Arts London (UAL) with human-centred values, sustainability and design thinking at the core of subject delivery. Design thinking involves an approach to innovation and problem solving that takes into account “the needs of people, the possibilities of technology and the requirements for business success” (Tim Brown, IDEO).
- An ability to research ideas that can be developed into a business model canvas (Enquiry)
- Experiment and evaluate methods and results (Process)
- A knowledge of design thinking process and methods of project working (Knowledge)
- An ability to communicate ideas and concepts through a presentation of a final project (Communication)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- With real-world multidisciplinary design projects at its core you'll work with a diverse team of industry active educators, professionals, creatives, external collaborators and visiting practitioners.
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Date: 5 July - 23 July 2021
DisciplinesDesign Management, Organisation & Leadership View 170 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Academic - You should have some prior study in design, but do not need to have studied Design Management before. If you have questions about your academic background, please email the UAL Study Abroad team.
- English - You should be proficient in written and spoken English and be able to participate in group discussions and make presentations. As a guideline we would expect you to have an IELTS score of 6.0. The Language Centre at University of the Arts London offers English courses for overseas students
International2055 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2055 GBP for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA2055 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2055 GBP for the full programme during 21 days.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.