This online Summer School will give you a complete immersion into the topic of blockchain from world-leading experts and practitioners in the field. Blockchain-based systems, with cryptocurrencies as the most prominent example, have disrupted and reshaped the way we now think about digital finance and other similar applications, such as supply chains. Blockchain and related technologies allow to store sequential, trustful information without enforced consensus by central authorities or trustees.
For a full understanding of Blockchain, with all its implications and potential for application in practice, it is absolutely crucial to look at it from a multidisciplinary perspective. This is exactly what the UZH Blockchain Center offers during the three weeks of this course: you will understand the three key pillars of blockchain systems, namely the technology, the economics and the legal aspects behind it. Building on this, we will then explore other fields of application, such as forensics and data analytics.
The course is taught by different professors and lecturers from UZH and other leading universities worldwide, as well as top practitioners from various fields. This program is highly interactive, with hands-on practice sessions incorporating the most advanced and promising blockchain-based platforms.
In this Summer School, you will:
- get to know the past, present and future development of the Swiss financial system and the wealth management in Switzerland.
- enhance your knowledge in macroeconomics and finance (financial instruments, asset classes, portfolio management, behavioral finance).
- learn from scientists and practitioners about the most recent and promising trends in FinTech and Sustainable Finance.
- test and apply your gained knowledge in a portfolio management game.
3 Key Facts about the University of Zurich:
- Rankings: Study at Switzerland's best ranked comprehensive university
- Exceptional in teaching and research: Profit from the knowledge of world-leading experts
- Innovation: UZH is among the top 10 of Europe's most innovative universities
- Legal implications of smart contracts
- Comparison of various regulatory frameworks
- Token issuance mechanisms
Advanced Bachelor students and Master students
- 20 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEconomics Electronics & Embedded Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 3 other Short Courses in Economics in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor and Master students
Regular access to a computer with a strong internet connection due to daily video conferences; we will use MS Teams as our study platform (some livestreams might be provided over Zoom or similar tools)
International1386 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 EUR for the full programme during 20 days.
EU/EEA1386 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 EUR for the full programme during 20 days.
We offer generous discounts to students from UZH partner universities, including strategic partners and international networks (Universitas 21 and LERU). Once we have received your application, we will notify you of any potential discounts available to you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.