Stability, universality, responsibility and excellence – these are the four cornerstones of Swiss banking. These values are the foundation of the success of the Swiss financial center. Today, Switzerland is the leader in cross-border asset management – 27.5% of cross-border assets managed around the world are managed in Switzerland.
However, it is important to keep up with the most recent trends and developments that are promising for the future. The Swiss banks will on the one hand continue to orientate themselves along the four cornerstones. On the other hand it will be essential to take recent developments as FinTech and Sustainability in account in order to stay a competitive in the long run. Of course, we will also discuss the impact of the current global health situation on the financial markets.
The program is coordinated by the Department of Banking and Finance at the University of Zurich, with various distinguished lecturers.
In this Finance for the Future - Investments, Sustainable Finance and FinTech program from University of Zurich, you will:
- Get to know the past, present and future development of the Swiss financial system and the wealth management in Switzerland.
- Enhance your knowledge in macroeconomics and finance (financial instruments, asset classes etc.).
- Learn from scientists and people from the practice about the most recent and promising trends in FinTech and Sustainable Finance.
- Apply your knowledge you gained within a digital simulation. Team spirit and fun will not be missing!
- History of Switzerland, a portrait of a small country
- History of the Swiss financial sector and system
- Wealth management in Switzerland and its challenges
- Financial Instruments
- Asset Classes
- Behavioral Finance
- 20 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBanking and Investment View 4 other Short Courses in Banking and Investment in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Talented Bachelor students, who have completed their first year of study, as well as Master students.
- Applicants must possess a sufficient command of English (broadly CEFR B2 or equivalent) to be able to actively contribute to classes. This needs to be visible from your motivation letter, previous studies or work experience.
International1384 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1384 EUR for the full programme during 20 days.
EU/EEA1384 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1384 EUR for the full programme during 20 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.