Adaptive management (AM) is widely regarded by donors and practitioners as necessary to effectively implementing programs in complex and volatile environments.
The Adaptive Management Theory and Practice for International Development course at University at Albany answers the following questions:
- What does adaptive management actually mean?
- How do we use adaptive management across different types of programs?
- What are specific tools and approaches of Adaptive Management?
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Define and explain the value of Adaptive Management as a systematic program design-to-evaluation approach to more impactful project design, implementation, and organizational learning.
- Identify appropriate and specific adaptive frameworks and tools to propose, use, and promote for more effective and evidence-based development and humanitarian programming.
- Demonstrate how effective and adaptive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) can lead to improved Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Day 1 (1/2 day): Introduction to Adaptive Management theory
- Day 2: Adaptive program design
- Day 3: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning for Adaptive Management
- Day 4: Adaptive program implementation with case studies
- Day 5 (1/2 day): Tools, resources, and tips to integrate adaptive practices
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
A limited number of students will be accepted. Please apply by February 1.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management, Organisation & Leadership International Development View 400 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Who should take this course: Mid to senior staff working for implementers and grantees of USAID, The World Bank, and other donors
International2200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 USD for the full programme during 5 days.
National2200 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2200 USD for the full programme during 5 days.
- Early registration by January 16: $1,950
- General registration by March 2: $2,200
- Student price: $500
Please note that fees are only for the training program, participants will need to cover all other expenses such as travel, lodging, meals or visa and insurance.
Living costs for Albany
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.