In this 6-week Big Data Essentials - HDFS, MapReduce and Spark RDD course offered by Coursera in partnership with Yandex you will:
- learn some basic technologies of the modern Big Data landscape, namely: HDFS, MapReduce and Spark;
- be guided both through systems internals and their applications;
- learn about distributed file systems, why they exist and what function they serve;
- grasp the MapReduce framework, a workhorse for many modern Big Data applications;
- apply the framework to process texts and solve sample business cases;
- learn about Spark, the next-generation computational framework;
- build a strong understanding of Spark basic concepts;
- develop skills to apply these tools to creating solutions in finance, social networks, telecommunications and many other fields.
Your learning experience will be as close to real life as possible with the chance to evaluate your practical assignments on a real cluster. No mocking, a friendly considerate atmosphere to make the process of your learning smooth and enjoyable.
Get ready to work with real datasets alongside with real masters!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What are BigData and distributed file systems (e.g. HDFS)?
- Solving Problems with MapReduce
- Solving Problems with MapReduce (practice week)
- Introduction to Apache Spark
- Introduction to Apache Spark (practice week)
- Real-World Applications
Details on Coursera Plus:
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 256 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Intermediate Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.