We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
We understand the situation is very uncertain and we therefore offer free cancellation and a full refund until 1 May. Are you ready to unlock your potential?
It addresses both clinical aspects and methodologies for the study of brain diseases with expert lecturers presenting their applied and fundamental research work.
At the end of the Neurodegenerative Diseases - Foundation, Tools and Perspectives course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam , you:
- Gained a basic knowledge of neurodegenerative diseases, the “foundation”.
- Gained an in-depth knowledge of specific research approaches and methods to address various aspects of neurodegenerative diseases, the “toolbox”.
- Formed an overview of current limits and future needs, the “perspective“.
- Integrated this information to propose new ideas and hypotheses for neurodegenerative diagnostics and therapy, the “potential”.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You are challenged to deepen your own knowledge of a selected neurodegenerative condition by working with peers from different academic backgrounds on an integrated, interdisciplinary approach for presentation at the end of the course – a project that requires active involvement, mechanistic thinking and thorough reasoning, and will develop your critical and constructive faculties.
- The course is organized by the Centre for Neurogenomics and Cognitive Research (CNCR), one of the centres of expertise at the Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam. The CNCR operates integrated research programmes, covering everything from genes to behaviour, each combining mouse and human studies. Its teams are leaders in their specific fields, renowned for the use of state-of-the-art techniques
Students and professionals in the field of Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Psychology, Physics and other medically oriented disciplines with an interest in brain function in health and disease, and especially the underlying molecular mechanisms. If you have doubts about your eligibility for the course, please let us know.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Neuroscience View 7 other Masters in Neuroscience in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International850 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 14 days.
EU/EEA850 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 14 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.