We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School online this year! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
During this How to Conduct a Meta-Analysis Using Open-Science Software course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam will practice a wide-and-far literature search and will learn how to report their findings following the PRISMA standards.
Students will learn the basics of how to prepare and describe a meta-analytical study in a separate article. They will see how to apply this technique to summarise studies found in a manuscript in order to improve the cohesion and “publishability.”
Upon completion of the How to Conduct a Meta-Analysis Using Open-Science Software course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, the student should be able to:
- Formulate a research question to conduct a meta-analysis
- Carry out a literature search far and wide
- Systematically review relevant literature
- Code studies fitting inclusion criteria
- Meta-analyze the coded effects using JASP software
- Interpret and report the meta-analytic results
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
There will be discussions on the following topics:
- Two types of systematic reviews
- Open science and meta-analysis: multisite replications
- Pros and cons of meta-analysis
- Publication bias and quality of publications
- Effect size and how to calculate it
- Literature search, exclusion, inclusion, and coding
- Heterogeneity and its consequences
- Available software, including JASP
- Fixed- and random-effects model
- Estimating overall effect size
- Analysis of moderators
This course is for Advanced Bachelor’s and Master’s students. However, enthusiastic PhD candidates and professionals interested in the application of quantitative data analysis are also very welcome to register for this summer course. This course takes inspiration from the disciplines of economics and business studies, as well as social and behavioral sciences.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Dates session 1: 5 July – 16 July
Dates session 2: 19 July – 30 July
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Software Engineering
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
EU/EEA700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.