We are looking forward to welcoming you to VU Amsterdam Summer School! Previous students exclaimed finding our summer school absolutely wonderful, interesting and fun yet also tremendously helpful for their professional and academic careers.
We understand the situation is very uncertain and we therefore offer free cancellation and a full refund until 1 May. Are you ready to unlock your potential?
The goal of the Kick start your Career - Academic Skills During and After Grad School course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is to help identify these transferable skills, and how to put them into practice in order to gain the most out of your degree. Understanding your options, potential, motivations, and ideologies can help you find a career that.
- Identifying the most valuable transferable skills you gain from university and how to apply them to get a job or continue your academic career.
- Understanding your potential, motivations, and ideologies in order to find a successful career that fits you.
- Career opportunities inside and outside academia.
- Transitioning from academia to industry.
- How to structure your CV and motivation letters, and prepare for a successful job interview.
- How to balance school/work and mental health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For those who plan to remain in academia, the path is quite straight forward and typically involves working in a university; when you finish your Master’s degree, you can complete a PhD, after your PhD a Post Doc, and you can also work as a professor or researcher.
- While the transition from academia to industry is not as clear cut, there are countless options that students may not even know are available to them.
- Regardless of the choice to remain in academia or enter industry, there are ways to maximize your potential options and choose a career that is well suited for your skillset and ideals.
- The goal is to help identify these transferable skills, and how to put them into practice in order to gain the most out of your degree. Understanding your options, potential, motivations, and ideologies can help you find a career that is well suited to you, as you make the decision to continue on in academia or transition into industry.
Advanced Bachelor's, Master’s students and PhD candidates from all disciplines who are interested in learning how to make the most out of their time in graduate school and might not realize all the valuable transferable skills they are gaining! Students who would like to know how to apply these skills in the real world in order to have successful careers.
- 10 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Dates session 1: 5 July – 16 July
Dates session 2: 19 July – 30 July
DisciplinesEducation General Studies & Classics View 3 other Short Courses in General Studies & Classics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae/Résumé
- Transcript of records (a print screen of your most recent grades is sufficient and needs to include your name and the name of your University)
International700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
EU/EEA700 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 700 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.