- The European Public Health in a globalizing world course at the Maastricht Summer School focus on three perspectives: Firstly, health in Europe, hence, what is the health status across the European countries, how do the health systems look like, what is major challenges for individual countries. Secondly, the perspective of European health which focuses on integration and collaboration among Member States within the European Union (EU) and more widely according to the WHO European region. Lastly, European health in a globalised world is assessed. The course combines theory with practice through lectures, tutorials and field visits.
- This course consists of 32 class hours divided over 3 weeks. Students earn 6 ECTS credits when they obtain a passing grade.
After participating in the course students should be able to:
- Describe the brief historical developments in European health
- Describe the main contemporary health challenges at national levels, European level and from a global perspective
- Describe the main characteristics of how different European health systems are financed and managed
- Know examples of EU/WHO-Euro related health policies, strategies, institutions and projects
- Describe examples of cross-border collaboration across Europe
- Identify examples of global trends that influence European health and how Europe influence global health
- Esther Slits
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health View 15 other Short Courses in Public Health in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To facilitate a fruitful learning environment a moderate level of health-related knowledge is required. Hence, the course is directed towards students attending bachelor or master courses in medicine, public health science, sociology, anthropology, political science, economics etc.
- A minimum of 9 students is required for the course to take place.
International998 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 998 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
National998 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 998 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.