- In three weeks, you will take a scientific and personal deep dive into topics like autonomy, self-compassion, meditation, mindfulness, happiness, character strengths, optimism, post-traumatic growth, and resilience.
- According to Positive Psychologists at the Maastricht Summer School, every individual has the potential to be the “captain of their own sailboat”. Every single individual has unique strengths and an innate ability to face difficult weather circumstances. In this course, we will unlock your character strengths and focus on helpful ways to support yourself in difficult times. We will cover the most important theories in Positive Psychology and you will be encouraged to go search for scientific literature to apply the topics we will cover to your specific areas of interest.
- Autonomy is key in this course, so you will be encouraged every step of the way to be your own best guide in exploring the field.
- This programme is intended to familiarise students with the concepts and ideas of positive psychology; provide in depth knowledge on selected topics within the field; be able to judge and design a positive psychological research project; and to give students hands on experience with some important positive psychology intervention techniques.
- Elke Smeets
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 6 other Short Courses in Psychology in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Some background in Psychology. Knowledge on designing a research study is helpful but not mandatory.
- A minimum of 8 students is required for the class to take place.
International998 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 998 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
National998 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 998 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Living costs for Maastricht
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.