Networking is a fundamental skill, which will help you take control of your career. This online course introduces the principles of networking, to help develop your personal brand in the world of work.
You will craft and get feedback on an elevator pitch about your role and talents. You will learn how to analyse the value of your connections, whether you are seeking a new job or to be more effective in your current role.
You will also find out how to create and manage your digital presence for networking on social media platforms such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
By the end of the Business Fundamentals - Effective Networking course from The Open University by FutureLearn, you'll be able to:
- Apply the principles of effective networking
- Improve your impression-management skills in a professional context
- Develop your analytical and prioritisation skills
- Identify, select and use online tools to enhance your digital presence
- Develop the potential of your personal brand
This course is accredited by EOCCS, the first international quality benchmark for online courses in business and management education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Nature and benefits of networking
- Barriers to networking and how to overcome them
- Frameworks for self-assessment and communicating professional strengths and interests
- Interpersonal skills including giving and receiving feedback, listening and using appropriate body language
- Online communication in a professional context
- Fundamentals of brand equity as applied to individuals
- Monitoring, evaluation and planning for improving the mutual value of networking activity
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Informatics & Information Sciences International Business View 101 other Short Courses in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is intended for anyone looking to enhance and develop their professional network in order to open up opportunities and strengthen their professional relationships.
- The course does not require any previous experience of studying networking.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $64. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.