Developing plans – and building, supporting, growing and improving teams to deliver them – is a key part of management and leadership. This online course will show you how.
It has been developed by The Open University Business School – a pioneering institution that is triple accredited by AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB – and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) – the leading authority on management and leadership in the UK.
As such, it will give you the opportunity to learn from both academic experts and experienced practitioners, who have achieved the CMI’s prestigious Chartered Manager status.
By the end of the Management and Leadership - Leading a Team course from The Open University by FutureLearn , you'll be able to:
- Develop a business plan which meets stakeholder needs, including resources required
- Explain what is essential in producing a good business plan
- Identify what is involved in recruiting and building an effective team including team welfare
- Discuss approaches to managing poor performance and supporting performance improvement
- Develop and draw up an action plan to support their own personal development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
Week 1 - It’s all about your stakeholders
- Review of stakeholders’ needs
- Stakeholders and change
- Influencing and communicating
- What makes an effective business plan?
- Making your case for change
- Getting support for your change
- Preparing for recruitment
- The process of selection
- Shortlisting and interviewing
- Induction and socialisation
- Managing individual performance and team welfare
- Engaging and motivating your team
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesProject Management Business Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership View 196 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The course is designed for new or aspiring managers, or experienced managers with few or no formal qualifications.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $79. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.