Individual personalities and behaviour can have a significant impact on a business. On this course you will develop your understanding of personality and individual differences and how adults learn.
You will consider what affects individual performance and how this relates to the success of your organisation. Through the Managing People - Understanding Individual Differences course from University of Reading by FutureLearn you will also keep a learning journal to help you apply your learning in your workplace.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Understand how people differ and the impact these differences may have in the workplace
- Understand the link between individual attributes, behaviour and performance
- Understand the link between individual and organisational performance
- Learn how to apply this understanding to management practice
This course is EOCCS certified, an international quality benchmark for online courses
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- An introduction to the course topics
- The ways in which adults learn
- Learning to be a good manager
- Identities in the workplace
- Personality and intelligence models and theories
- The value of psychometrics in the workplace
- Reflecting and understanding individual difference
- Theories and models of organisational effectiveness
- What drives individual performance?
- Values, ethics and whistleblowing
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 196 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for entry level managers with no formal management education.
- You don’t need any knowledge of management theory.
Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.