By the arrival of new algorithms, big data, Blockchain, peer-to-peer lending, smart contracts, and crowdsourcing, banks are doomed to confront rivalry from new types of intermediaries. On the other hand, Fintech was suffering from the absence of a reputable brand and a customer base, inadequate access to capital markets, and, last but not least, a lack of knowledge about customers in general.
As the COVID-19 pandemic has probably put us on the deepest global recession of our lifetime, disruption in the banking sector has long passed its experimental point. Moreover, it is precipitating the arrival of new digital alternatives that are more agile, resilient, and secure. These new technologies are also favoured by giving customized solutions to emerging problems like social distancing and governments' regulations.
The Disrupting Finance with Digital Technologies program from EIT Digital Master School was designed with MADFINTECH as a co-organizer. MADFINTECH is the Madrid Capital’s fintech cluster made up of more than 150 fintech companies and bodies of banking and insurance, intending to become a benchmark for the sector at the national and international levels. MADFINTECH will also provide lecturers, cases, and mentors from the top European fintech industry.
There will be different courses, visiting start-ups, and pitching. The program will start by building different teams under the supervision of the coaches. The companies that are participating in this program will present various case studies. The student will learn how to write a business plan for their cases. There will be pitching at the end of the program, and the best team will be awarded. The program will offer a start-kit before the summer school to make the process clear for the participant who is not familiar with the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance General Engineering & Technology Digital Marketing View 3 other Short Courses in Finance in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.