In many countries, remote consultation has been implemented and during the COVID-19 outbreak, the uptake of the service grew rapidly. A number of different solutions have been taken into use, including telephone, synchronous video conferencing as well as regular text chat. Remote consultations may help enhance the experience of care for patients, manage time and workloads of doctors, improving both access and sustainability of care.
While pandemic put remote consultations into focus, there are many more digital remote care models, which could be even more effective and relevant for solving the care access gap. These include, for example, remote monitoring and digital therapy. We are seeing the biggest promise in technologies, where patients can manage their health on their own and digital tools provide seamless yet comprehensive support along the way. At this summer school, we will explore, how to build these products for a better health system and go beyond the basic format of remote consultation, with its pros and cons.
The eHealth Personalised Prevention course from EIT Digital Master School will provide knowledge on the specificities of digital healthcare for supporting patients at home and helping them keep improve their health. In 2 weeks, the teams will have developed real-life prototypes for next-generation remote care and therapy products.
Participants will have a first-hand experience of how innovation works in the unique market of healthcare. Business ideas generated during the summer school may also inspire the partner organizations to pursue further development towards products and services.
Local healthcare institutions will contribute business cases to give a starting point for the idea development. Representatives of medical centres and institutions, insurance, doctors and nurses will be supervising the participants' work and contribute their expertise.
The summer school will be organised by Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech).
Each programme has a focus on business innovation and entrepreneurship, there is no need to have specific technical backgrounds or any coding knowledge to join our Summer School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.