With this Physics and space module from The Open University UK you’ll learn through solving physical science problems while acquiring computer programming knowledge and practising your existing maths skills.
What you will study
To begin, you’ll develop your understanding of different scales – particularly those that are much larger or smaller than will be familiar to you. Through the nine topics, you’ll then meet concepts and principles in classical and quantum physics and the space sciences. Alongside each topic, you’ll practise your maths skills, applying them to problems in physical sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forces around you
- Material worlds
- The quantum realm
- Energy in society
- Nuclei and particles
- Components of the Universe
- Exploring the Solar System
- How the Universe works
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 7 other Short Courses in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- some understanding of basic ideas in physical science, for example: atoms; waves and electromagnetic radiation; planets and stars
- to be familiar with basic mathematics, algebra and trigonometry
- to be able to understand written English of the standard of a broadsheet newspaper; and write clearly and concisely, structuring short pieces so they flow coherently
- to be able to log on to the Internet, find websites and communicate by email; and create, save and retrieve documents using basic word processing skills. No previous experience of computer programming is assumed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1584 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1584 GBP for the full programme during .
National1584 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1584 GBP for the full programme during .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.