It will be of particular value to sports coaches, fitness trainers and aspiring P.E. teachers who are interested in developing their personal skills and becoming more effective as practitioners.
The Working with people in sport and fitness module at The Open University UK uses a reflective approach to developing personal skills such as communication, motivation, team working and leadership, and learning physical skills.
You will learn
This module will enable you to:
- demonstrate an ability to apply a range of motivational techniques and adapt to individual/group needs and motives
- demonstrate an awareness of the need to communicate in different ways to meet the needs of groups and individuals
- apply insights gained from working practice of training, instructional or coaching roles and relate this to instructional frameworks
- describe the characteristics of effective leadership and team working
- analyse case studies and draw out relevant information to inform your own learning.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThe module consists of six study topics, each covering different personal skills required in sport and fitness settings:
- Learning in sport and fitness settings
- Getting the message across: interpersonal communication
- Effective teamwork in sport and fitness
- Leadership in sport and fitness
- Motivation in sport and fitness settings
- Developing physical skills for sport and fitness
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 9 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 13 other Short Courses in Sports Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
There are no formal entry requirements to study this module.
- However, it would be beneficial for you to have a paid or voluntary role in sport and fitness or be familiar with sport and fitness settings as an active participant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Tuition FeeVisit official programme website
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.