You will learn about how children express their ideas and interests through play and consider how children participate and are included in play and creative experiences. You will explore how children express their preferences through their play choices and the significance of creative spaces in following their interests.
What you will study
The module is organised into three blocks of study. The first block concentrates on young children’s play and creative experiences, the second explores the role of the adult and their influence on children’s play and creativity and the third block considers what play and creativity might look like in the future through debate and research.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Block 1 - Exploring play and creativity: the child’s perspective
- Block 2 - Play for all: Responding creatively
- Block 3 - Critical reflections: Young children’s play, creativity and futures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology Early Childhood Education View 42 other Short Courses in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You must be aged 18 or over.
- There are no formal academic or experiential requirements to study this module.
- However, it’s essential you have an interest in young children’s play and creativity. It would also be beneficial for you to arrange access to an early childhood setting1 if you’re not already working or volunteering in such a setting. We recommend you visit a setting1 on weekly/fortnightly throughout the module and particularly during Blocks 2 and 3.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3168 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3168 GBP for the full programme during .
National3168 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3168 GBP for the full programme during .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.