Scrub and Circulating Practice (Online) and University of Derby is part-time across one year and is completely online which enables you to gain relevant training in your own place of work. There is no need for off-site study or travelling to a university campus. The course essentially comes to you, either in your workplace or at home.
Although qualified nurses can learn scrub and circulating skills when they get a job post registration in theatres, there are few post-registration courses available where they can gain an academic qualification in this area.
Nurses, along with other perioperative professionals, form a vital part of the perioperative multidisciplinary team working in the perioperative environment. They are not just there to ‘hand over’ instruments or to act as ‘runners’. They help to keep patients safe; acting as advocates for patients and working as valuable members of the perioperative team in what can sometimes be a stressful, acute environment.
This University Advanced Diploma in Scrub and Circulating Practice qualification will enable registered nurses to gain the necessary qualification and competence to work as a scrub and circulating nurse in an acute care setting.
During your studies, you will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities, projects and assessments. Each of these are designed to contribute towards an enhancement of your employability, and you are able to use these to build a portfolio of work which could be demonstrated to any employer.
The extra knowledge and skills gained will make you more adaptable within your perioperative area and contribute to increased productivity for the team.
This course is ideal if you are looking for career progression, and to demonstrate a critical, evidence-based approach to scrub and circulating practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Working and Learning in Operating Department Practice
- Principles of Scrub and Circulating Practice
- Developing Scrub and Circulating Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 139 other Short Courses in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a minimum of six months experience working within the perioperative environment as a registered nurse
- Evidence of recent study (within the last three years) or ability to study at a degree level. If you are unable to supply evidence to support this, then you will be asked to complete a reflective piece of work related to your experience working in the perioperative environment and this will form part of your application
- Be employed in a UK based perioperative environment for the duration of the course
- Have agreement from your employer to provide suitable placement opportunities together with an experienced, registered and knowledgeable mentor
- Have confirmation from your employer that you will be initially under supervision when working in unfamiliar surgical specialities, whilst on the course
- Hold a current DBS check
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2520 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National2520 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2520 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.